We received over 1,000 submissions for the Congress over the Call for Special Sessions and the Call for Proposals. Both calls are now closed and the review process is complete.
All authors should have received feedback on their submissions from blind reviewers by December 4th. Those whose paper proposal has been accepted must now proceed to prepare and submit their final paper and register for the Congress.
SUBMIT FINAL PAPERS:
Submit your final text on EasyChair by February 5, 2021 following one of two formats; 2-page extended abstract for the Congress App, or the Springer-published book chapter in the official IEA2021 Congress proceedings (this format requires the Springer Consent to Publish form). Make sure you use the right template for these! Your final submission should account for reviewer comments and suggestions. Please follow all formatting instructions carefully to avoid delays in publication or exclusion of your written submission.
The template for Extended Abstracts by Practitioners differs somewhat from that for researchers. Templates for each are below:
FINAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Submissions must be saved on the Congress' EasyChair platform under the same submission number originally created. There are several steps:
1) Sign in as an author of IEA2021.
2) Open the Submissions menu (top left banner).
3) Select the submission you wish to complete by clicking on the title.
4) In the Submission contextual menu in the top right (Figure 1), select "Update Information".
- Indicate your choice of submission template (Springer Proceedings Chapter vs 2-page Extended Abstract for App).
- If you are submitting a Springer Proceedings Chapter; you MUST copy the abstract from your Springer Chapter into the "Abstract for Congress App" textbox provided. This test will be used for the Congress App.
- Update your title (to final Title Case; NOT "CAPSLOCK"). You may change the wording of this final title. This will be the published title.
5) Once that submission is open, in contextual menu in the top right (Figure 1), select "Add or Update File".
- Upload your final file in WORD format (you do not need to change the Paper proposal file).
Figure 1. Contextual menu in the top right of the ‘Submissions’ screen in EasyChair
Add or update files
SPRINGER CONSENT TO PUBLISH FORM - Springer requires submissions for their books be accompanied by a completed Consent to Publish form. The form is also available on EasyChair.
AUTHORS MUST REGISTER - Please note that at least one author has to be fully registered to the Congress by February 5, 2021. Papers for which no author has paid the registration fee to attend the Congress will not be included in the Scientific Programme and will not be included in the publication of the IEA2021 proceedings.
Registration rates are available here. Online registration opens January 4, 2021.
PANDEMIC ISSUES - IEA2021 is currently a hybrid Congress comprising both an in-person and a satellite virtual conference. It will be possible to shift your registration from in-person to virtual, but not the other way around. So, unless you know for certain that you will not be able to travel to Vancouver, we strongly recommend registering for the "in-person" Congress, then you can switch later to "virtual" participation if necessary. Registration cost differences will be refunded to you if you switch at least 4 weeks before the Congress.
The in-person fees will include the virtual conference plus complete Scientific content, proceedings, opportunities for off-site technical visits with local experts, and invaluable face-to-face networking.
Please note: If circumstances dictate that we must pivot to a fully virtual Congress, the in-person and virtual conference program will be combined and registration fees will change. Delegates who have registered for the in-person Congress will be automatically registered for the virtual conference and receive a refund for the difference. Those registered for the virtual conference will be given the opportunity to pay the difference or cancel their registration without incurring any cancellation penalties.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What format will I be presenting in?
When will I know the exact timing of my presentation?