We received over 1,000 submissions for the Congress over the Call for Special Sessions and the Call for Proposals. Both calls are now closed and the review process is complete.
All authors received feedback on their submissions from blind reviewers by mid-December. Those whose paper proposal was accepted must now proceed to prepare and submit their final paper and register for the Congress.
SUBMIT FINAL PAPERS:
Submit your final text on EasyChair as soon as possible following one of two formats; 2-page extended abstract for the Congress App (by February 26th), or the Springer-published book chapter in the official IEA2021 Congress proceedings (this format requires the Springer Consent to Publish form; due February 16th). Make sure you use the right template for these! Your final submission should account for reviewer comments and suggestions. Please follow all formatting instructions carefully to avoid delays in publication or exclusion of your written submission.
The template for Extended Abstracts by Practitioners differs somewhat from that for researchers. Templates for each are below:
Springer_Book_Chapter_Template_for_IEA_Proceedings Jan 14.doc
Please follow the stated font sizes and spacing in the Springer Book Chapter template, if you discover inconsistencies between the layout and the text.
FINAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Submissions must be saved on the Congress' EasyChair platform under the same submission number originally created. There are several steps:
1) Sign in as an author of IEA2021.
2) Open the Submissions menu (top left banner).
3) Select the submission you wish to complete by clicking on the title (you may also select the magnifying glass icon).
4) In the Submission contextual menu in the top right (Figure 1), select "Update Information".
- Indicate your choice of submission template (Springer Proceedings Chapter vs 2-page Extended Abstract for App).
- If you are submitting a Springer Proceedings Chapter; you MUST copy the abstract from your Springer Chapter into the "Abstract for Congress App" textbox provided. This test will be used for the Congress App.
- If you are submitting a chapter, please indicate the total number of whole or partial pages in your chapter (at least 4, normally no more that 8).
- Update your title (to final Title Case; NOT "CAPSLOCK"). You may change the wording of this final title. This will be the published title.
- Add the number of pages.
5) Once that submission is open, in contextual menu in the top right (Figure 1), select "Add or Update File".
- Upload your final file in WORD format ('doc'). You do not need to change the Paper proposal file.
Figure 1. Contextual menu in the top right of the ‘Submissions’ screen in EasyChair
Add or update files
SPRINGER CONSENT TO PUBLISH FORM - Springer requires that each chapter submission for their books be accompanied by a completed Consent to Publish form. The form is also available on EasyChair.
Springer_Consent_to_Publish Jan 20.doc
IEA2021-Consent to Publish US Gov Feb 2
IEA2021- Springer Consent to Publish RIGHTS HOLDER Feb 2
AUTHORS MUST REGISTER (via the link on this website - under Registration Information) - Please note that at least one author has to be fully registered to the Congress by February 15th (extended date) before midnight Vancouver time (PT). Papers for which no author has paid the registration fee to attend the Congress will not be included in the Scientific Programme and will not be included in the publication of the IEA2021 proceedings.
Registration rates, information and the link to register are available here. Online registration is open.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What format will I be presenting in?
When will I know the exact timing of my presentation?